Resources Mentioned in this Show:
CHECK LIST TO START MEDITATING TODAY:
- Set a timer for 5-8 minutes (phone, tablet, etc) – don’t start it yet
- Find a comfy spot sitting straight up, feet uncrossed in front of you or flat on floor
- Gently close your eyes or look down a bit & half close your eyes
- Take a long, deep inhale sweeping up your current worries, hopes, dreams. Hold it for a moment. Then gently and slowly let it out.
- One more time. Deep breath. Release any other tensions.
- Start your timer
- Relax. If you notice you’re controlling your breath, relax. Release the control.
- Where do you notice the sensation of breathing in your body? It might be your chest, nostrils or diaphragm. There’s not a right place, just notice.
- Direct your attention to that place. It’s called the Anchor Point.
- Focusing on your Anchor Point, just observe the natural rise and fall of your breath. It’s just “a breath”
- Are you thinking? Not a problem. Simply notice that you’re making your lists, doing your dishes LOL and gently return to your Anchor Point, observing your breath.
- TRY to follow just one full in-and-out cycle of breath. If you can do that, then follow another. If it doesn’t happen, fine. Just start over.
- Irritated? Frustrated? Notice the sensations and just keep returning to your Anchor Point over and over
- Try to follow just one breath in and out again.
- Continue this until your timer sounds
- Repeat this “watching your breath” meditation technique for 8 minutes a day for one full week.
Don’t forget to leave a comment & let us know how you’re doing or if you have any questions!